Domiciliary care, General Nurses, Nurses
East of England, London, East Midlands, North East, North West, South East, South West, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Yorkshire & Humber, West Midlands
3rd May 2016
Domiciliary Care Nurse (Band 5)
Salary: £21,500 per annum
- To ensure a high standard of individual care for patients with life-threatening disease to include the care of their families within a safe, friendly and efficient environment.
- To assist in providing a high level of pain and symptom control.
- To communicate with patients, families, and carers in a sensitive and empathetic way and maintaining effective communication with multi-disciplinary team members.
- To work under the supervision and guidance of clinical Managers on a daily basis, using opportunities to ‘take charge’ as required or as development.
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care over the 24 hour period.
- To assist in providing pain and symptom control to the patient need for pain relief.
- To be pro-active in the formulation and management of care packages.
- To provide out of hours specialist advice by telephone to patients, carers, and allied professionals as required, alerting them to any significant situations
- To maintain appropriate written records in all areas of clinical practice.
- To liaise with medical staff to implement treatment and care, ensuring that medical instructions are carried out, monitoring and reporting effect.
- Communication aspects of the role To identify and use the most effective means of communication, appropriate to the situation and individual concerned, using empathy and sensitivity and dealing with barriers to understanding. Gives and receives accurate records in all areas of clinical practice. Maintains complete and accurate records in all areas of clinical practice. Observes confidentiality of all information within the Multi-Disciplinary Team, Including awareness and adherence to the legal requirements of the Data Protection Act.
- Analysis and judgment will be necessary in the following situations Initial assessment of patient’s clinical condition. Develops an understanding of total patient care, liaising with clinical managers. Formulates care plans.
- Tasks that require planning and organising Support in planning implementing and evaluating nursing care over each 24 hour period. Plans, implements and evaluates nursing care over each 24 hour period, working closely with the, Clinical Managers. Liaise with medical staff to implement treatment and care; ensuring medical instructions are carried out. Plan for the admission and discharge of patients.
- Responsibility for Patient and Client Care Plans and implements patient care plans following initial assessment, evaluating them on a daily or even hourly basis. Provides specialist advice to patients/relatives.
- Responsibility for the development of policies and or services Follows policies and procedures- may comment on the proposal for change in practice or procedures. To report all accidents/incidents, near misses and complaints in accordance with The Flame Lily policy. To participate in annual appraisal with line manager.
- Candidate must have passed nursing qualifications and hold a diploma in nursing
- Candidate must have completed and passed the IELTS Academic test (English Language Test) with a score of 7.0 and above in all 4 areas
- Candidate must have completed at least 12 months clinical experience as a nurse
- Candidate must have complete transcript from training hospital
- Candidate must hold two references from current employer and training hospital
- Candidate must have completed the Part 1 and online
- Candidate have an NMC invitation letter to undertake part 2 NMC registration.
In addition to continuous professional development, you can expect a competitive benefits package to include:
- Competitive pay rates
- Easy Contractor Mortgage Loans.
- Free DBS checks*
- 24 Hour service
- Free online training
- Friendly & supporting Consultant
- Referral scheme of up to £500
The Flame Lily Healthcare is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.
For more details on this job, please contact Sunil via email: email@example.com
All OPEN JOBS
About The Flame Lily Healthcare
The Flame Lily believes in the provision of high-quality staff to ensure they meet the unique needs of every client. For over Fourteen years, they have prided themselves on their ability to provide successful staffing solutions for the nursing and health and social care industries. To ensure good practice and to help staff with their professional development they offer free mandatory training to all of their workers.
The Flame Lily is Registered as both Nursing Agency and Domiciliary Care Agency. They have the necessary skills, experience and qualifications collectively to offer services for the above categories. Specific requirements are met, and religious and cultural needs are taken into consideration. They offer these services 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days a year on a short or long-term basis.
View their accreditation.